Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various ends, so let's survey these. In this way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you'd like to run a website, mail addresses, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally amiss interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a vast number of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your e-mail box accounts. Some companies offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many video files as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At come2buy web hosting, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular content solely.